ALPS School Rules
Students of Alexandra Primary School will follow the school code of conduct so that they can grow and GLOW in a safe and caring environment.
I. Code of Conduct
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist over the heart.
- All students should adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Sing the ALPS School Song with pride;
- Take good care of all school property and leave the place cleaner than before;
- Respect and greet their friends, teachers and all members of the school community;
- Care for others and help those in need. Show empathy and put themselves in the shoes of others;
- Be truthful, honest and do right even when no one is looking;
- Admit their mistakes and take responsibility for their actions;
- Be resilient and persevere to overcome challenges;
- Give their best in everything they undertake.
- All students must attend school regularly so that they can benefit fully from the school’s programmes and activities. Parents are to note the start and end dates of each term in the academic year and refrain from taking children out of school for vacation during term time as it will disrupt their learning.
- A student’s attendance and punctuality are recorded and monitored closely by the school.
- If a student is unwell, he/she must see a doctor and obtain a medical certificate to validate his/her absence from school. The school will accept only Medical Certificates from general practitioners, the polyclinic and other medical institutions (doctors registered with the Singapore Medical Council) for cases where the student is absent for health/medical reasons.
- All documents/letters to validate a student’s absence from school must be submitted to the Form Teacher upon the student’s return to school.
- Failure to notify or validate absence upon return to school will be treated as truancy and appropriate consequences will be meted out.
- A student should be with his/her class at the Parade Square/School Hall by 7.30 am for the morning assembly. Students arriving after 7.30am will be considered late.
- Consequences for late coming are:
- Late coming for the 3rd time: 1st letter of reminder will be sent to parent.
- Late coming for the 6th time: 2nd letter of reminder will be sent to parent. Appropriate consequences will be meted out to students who are repeatedly late.
- Late coming for the 9th time: Final letter of advice will be sent to parent. Conduct grade will be affected and frequency of late-coming will be reflected in the Report Book.
III. Attire and Appearance
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Students should be smartly attired in clean, ironed uniforms with a name tag whenever they come to school. For security reasons, students should be attired in school uniform when we come back to school during the holidays.
- Students should wear clean black shoes with grey school socks.
- Boys must be clean-shaven and are not allowed to keep beards or moustaches.
- Boys’ hair should be kept clean, neat and short. Hair must not touch the eyebrow and the collar of the school uniform.
- Fanciful hairstyle, colouring or highlighting of hair is not allowed.
- Long hair for girls should be tied up neatly. Fringes for girls should be kept above eyebrows.
- Hair accessories should be kept simple and in black only.
- Girls with pierced ears may wear only one pair of simple stud earrings.
- All students should place safety as their top priority and not engage in any dangerous acts. Students should walk quietly and not run recklessly in the school compound.
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
School Examination Policy
- A student who is caught cheating will be severely dealt by the school.
- A student who allows his / her answer to be copied by another student will also be severely dealt with by the school.
- A student needs to be covered with a valid medical certificates or official supporting document in the event that he/she is absent for any component / paper during the assessment period. He/She has to submit the medical certificate/ official supporting document to the Form Teacher immediately upon his/her return to the school. In such cases, component(s)/paper(s) missed will not be used for the computation of the Overall Results. The school will only consider him/her for school-based academic awards only if he/she meets the internal assessment criteria.
- A student who is absent for any paper without a medical certificate / official supporting documents will get zero mark for that component / paper. Letter of excuse from parent / guardian is not acceptable in the event of illness.
- A student who is late for the assessment will not be given extra time. The school will consider not allowing the student to take the assessment if he/she is more than 30 minutes late.
- Library Policy
|Borrowing and checking out||
|Lost / damaged books||
|My Library Rules||